The Financial Planning Process
Plan Driven Process – After we determine your desired destination, we will develop a plan to help you get there.
- Identify your Needs, Goals, Objectives and Establish the engagement
- Get to know you interview
- Clearly explain the services to be provided to you and define our responsibilities
- Explain fully how we will be paid and by whom
- Mutually define your personal and financial goals, understand your time frame for results and discuss how you feel about risk
- Gather Information
- Client completes Fact Finder Questionnaire
- Most recent 401(k), IRA, Pension, Insurance and Savings Statements
- Analyze and Process your Information
- Complete a thorough analysis of your current position
- Determine what you must do to meet your goals. Depending on what services you have asked for, this could include analyzing your assets, liabilities and cash flow, current insurance coverage, investments or tax strategies.
- Develop a Written Plan of Action
- Offer financial planning recommendations that address your goals, based on the information you provide
- Review recommendations with you to help you understand them so that you can make informed decisions
- Listen to your concerns and revise the recommendations as appropriate
- Implement a plan
- Agree on how the recommendations will be carried out
- Sign paperwork
- Move and allocate funds
- Review and Monitor your progress
- Annual and/or periodic reviews help ensure that your investment strategies stay on track, relevant and appropriate. Your review should never be reactive. By conducting an annual review we will stay on your retirement path and make adjustments as your life changes.
Download our Fact Finder document.